Wee Tiger Preschool
2018-2019 School Year Open House & Registration
- Monday, February 5, 2018
- 3:30 - 6:30p
- Delano Community Education Center
- 140 Elm Avenue East
- Wee Tiger Preschool Classrooms
Meet the teachers and classroom staff! Play in the classrooms! Make an art project!
What is the NEW registration process for the Wee Tiger Preschool programs?
Registration for the 2018-19 school year will be conducted on a first come, first serve basis. Classes are held in from 8:30 – 11:30 am, Monday through Friday mornings and from 12:00 – 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday afternoons.
Children age 33 months up to Kindergarten enrollment. Child must be completely toilet trained.
The Wee Tiger Preschool program’s curriculum is planned using the child-centered Creative Curriculum model that builds on the children’s current interests and strengths. The Minnesota Reading Corps Pre-K program provides a language & literacy rich schedule and is woven into a typical day in the Wee Tiger Preschool classroom. Classroom activities will include: time for language & literacy, motor skills, math, science and technology, social studies, and the arts. Parents are encouraged to participate in family activity opportunities throughout the school year. Student progress is monitored using the Teaching Strategies GOLD assessment tool and the Individual Growth and Development Indicators (IGDI’s). Parent-teacher conferences are held twice a year (fall & spring). Classes are taught by Minnesota State licensed teachers and a paraprofessional in each classroom.
Wee Tiger Preschool meets in the Community Education Center. Wee Tiger Preschool operates on the same vacation, holiday, teacher workshop and school closing policy as the Delano Elementary school.
Fees are payable in advance on the first of each month. At the time of this publication there is space available in several classes. Contact Jane Shaffer at 763-972-6210, press 4 to determine availability.
2018-19 Wee Tiger Preschool Registration
Registration for the 2018-19 school year will be conducted on a first come, first serve basis. Registration is open to all children living in the Delano school district. A copy of the information below can be obtained here or at 140 Elm Ave, Delano, MN.
2018-19 School Year Fees
- $192 / month = 2 days/week
- $288 / month = 3 days/week
- $384 / month = 4 days/week
- $480 / month = 5 days/week
Wee Tiger Preschool is a Parent Aware 4 Star Rated Early Childhood Preschool Program. Phase I Early Learning Scholarships can be used by qualifying families to help with the cost of preschool.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- Registrations will start being accepted at 3:30 pm on Monday, February 5, 2018. The registration form can be accessed here or in-person at 140 Elm Ave, Delano, MN.
- A non-refundable $30 registration fee must be included with the registration form. This fee is used to purchase art supplies, paper products, replacement toys, books, and equipment for classrooms.
- Beginning at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, February 6, 2018 the preschool office will begin processing in-person registrations. In-person registration that were turned in at the February 5th Open House will be given priority and then, as time permits, mailed or dropped off registrations will be processed. Children will be place into classes based on the 1st and 2nd choices that are indicated on the registration form. We will make every effort to honor your first choice. However, we cannot guarantee your first choice, therefore it is important to consider your schedule when listing your 2nd choice.
- The September monthly tuition payment is due no later than Monday, July 2, 2018 to retain your child's spot in the class. The annual snack fee will be due on September 4, 2018 when school starts.
- A class list will be available in September at the Parent/Teacher Orientation Meeting. Watch for an email in August from Wee Tiger Preschool which will invite you to sign-up for the orientation meeting.
Questions regarding Wee Tiger Preschool, Lunch Bunch and Ed-Venture Club Program registration should be directed to Jane Shaffer, Early Childhood Programs Manager, at 763-972-6210, press 4 or email@example.com.