ECFE / SR PIE
2016 Holiday Boutique ---------------
Be a part of the 2016 Holiday Boutique! Fill out this form and a committee member will review registrations to ensure there is a variety of products/categories represented. If your registration is accepted, you will be contacted with a link for payment to ensure your spot.
Welcome to ECFE/School Readiness Partners In Education (PIE) and thank you for taking the time to learn more about what we are doing to support our fantastic early childhood programs!
The mission of ECFE is to strengthen families through the education and support of all parents in providing the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children. ECFE is the beginning and first link young families have with District 879 schools.
We also support the Wee Tiger Preschool Program which is offered to all families living in District 879.
We are always looking for enthusiastic parents to join our PIE group! The council will meet approximately five times throughout the school year, usually on Monday nights from 6:00pm – 7:30pm and childcare is available. If you are interested in serving, would like more information, or have some program ideas or needs, please call Jane Shaffer, ECFE Coordinator, at 763.972.6210, press 4.
To learn more about Delano Partners in Education (DPIE), please visit the district website.
Our purpose is to:
- Assist in developing, planning, and monitoring the ECFE/SR program in District 879 based on the philosophy that the family is the most significant influence on the development of the child in the early years.
- Be responsive to the needs and concerns of the community and the Community Education Advisory Council.
- Serve as a sounding board and a source of ideas for the ECFE/SR Coordinator.
- Recommend ways to fully utilize the ECFE/SR classrooms and materials.
- Serve as a resource to staff in program preparation, outreach and delivery.
Give Your Time
Parents, your ideas and suggestions are needed! The ECFE/SR PIE group is in need of parents. The council will meet approximately five times throughout the school year, usually on Monday nights from 6:00pm – 7:30pm and childcare is available.
Also throughout the school year we host a number of events for families and we need your help as a volunteer to make these events a success! These events include:
- Open House and Vehicle Fair
- Halloween Carnival
- Teddy Bear Tea in coordination with Delano’s Old Fashioned Christmas events
- Breakfast with Santa and Little Elves Workshop
- End-of-the-Year Picnic
If you are interested in volunteering, would like more information, or have some program ideas or needs, please call Jane Shaffer, ECFE Coordinator, at 763.972.6210, press 4.
Give Your Treasure
We raise money to support the ECFE/SR programs by conducting various fundraising programs throughout the year. These fundraisers include:
- Pictures taken of students “like the big kids” by a local photographer
- Fall catalog fundraiser
- DQ nights
- Annual Family Fun Night Penny Carnival
- Cake Live Auction and Basket Silent Auction
Watch for notices of these events to come home with your child!
Your Dollars In Action
Every time you contribute to a fundraiser or event sponsored by our organization, your money is directly enhancing the experience of students here within our ECFE and School Readiness programs.
- In the 2008/2009 school year, digital cameras were purchased for all the teachers. Also, teachers were able to purchase new rugs for their classrooms!
- In the 2009/2010, the playground was totally revamped, adjusting the entrance and sidewalk for safety, and moving and enhancing playground equipment so that a new open space is available for kids to run, run, run!
Currently, teachers have identified classroom technology as a need in order to enhance curriculum. The ECFE/SR PIE group is working hard to make this wish come true!